Saturday, July 9, 2016

One Year Down & Happy 4th of July!!

Hi everyone!

On Friday it was my one year mark!!🎉🎉🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎊🎊 I can't believe it has been a year already, it feels like I was just in the MTC, it's goin' by so fast! And I'm scared this year is going to go by even faster. I am so grateful for this past year that I have had to serve the Lord! I have learned and grown more in this past year than I have in like the past 10 years! I know that I am here in Portland for a reason. I am thankful that I have this time to not only serve and teach the people in Portland, but to increase my own faith and testimony as well. I know that God lives and that He loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that because of Him we can find peace, direction, and happiness in this life. I am grateful to be one of His servants and to bear His name on my chest. One year to go!

Well, we had another solid week in the YSA Ward! The members here are awesome!  Going to dinners and activities is like hanging out with your group of friends back home. Everyone is so social and friendly, it's the best!  

On Tuesday, we went on exchanges with the AP's (assistants to the mission president). They have to do exchanges with all the ZLs and we were first this transfer. I went to their area and it was interesting! They are in a wealthier part of the city and so when we went tracting everyone was Indian or Asian and worked for Intel haha. They didn't really believe in God in the sense that we do so it was kinda hard to teach them. One of them told us we could come back so that was cool! 

On Thursday, there were so many miracles! We had three lessons cancel at the start of the day so that sucked, but then out of nowhere we had two investigators that we haven't been able to get a hold of text us and say they wanted to meet up! One of them was the random guy we called out of the areabook last week who hadn't met with missionaries in 2 years, and so we met with him and we had the best lesson. The Spirit was strong and we committed him to be baptized on July 30th! He was so pumped and when we showed him the font in the church, he got really excited. The other girl that we met up with was someone missionaries have been trying to get to church for forever and she has never come. But this time we were super bold with her and told her that the only way she can find the peace and answers she is looking for is by coming to church. And she came!! Hallelujah!! 

Being in the YSA Ward, we get to go to institute! So we just go with all of the members and their friends to the church on Thursday and they have like a seminary class where the teacher just teaches about Christ. It's pretty sweet. 

Friday, for my one year mark, we went over to one of the member's houses that we are good friends with and I burned a shirt (it's a tradition). We put a bunch of sparklers and fireworks inside the shirt and threw it in the fire haha it was crazy! And some of the sisters, Sister Jones and Sister Clemence, bought me a toy giraffe because they didn't have any camels at the dollar store haha! They are awesome! 

For the Fourth of July we are walking in a parade and then going to a barbecue and shooting off fireworks with some of the YSAs!!! Hope you all have a great 4th!! 

Miss and love you all!! 

Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment