Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Portland at its Finest!

What's up! 

So it was an interesting first week here in the YSA Ward! We had to do a lot of logistical stuff for our Zone and area so we didn't have that much time to find people to teach. We had a meeting every single day this week, and we had to move apartments since ours was closed down. It was pretty hectic, but I was able to meet quite a few people in the Ward and they are all super cool. I'm excited to be back in a young single adult ward!
New apartment in Beaverton

On Wednesday, we went on splits with our Bishop to go visit a less-active girl in the Ward. She had just moved to Portland from New York and she is an actor! She is having a film come out soon that is going out on Redbox and it's supposed to be pretty big. We were able to talk to her about her testimony too. She said she definitely still has one and she was grateful we came to visit and said she wants to come back to church. So that was pretty cool.

On Saturday, we went to downtown Portland! It was so sweet. We went to the Institute building down there and then walked around Portland State University looking for people to teach. We met some cool people on the campus that hopefully we will be meeting up with soon...  I have never felt more like a Portlandian than I did that day as we were walking downtown in the rain, next to some popular food carts with some hippies eating there, while getting yelled at by some homeless people. Portland at its finest. It was awesome!
Cool wall in downtown Portland

I cannot express the amount of gratitude I have to Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to serve a mission, and to have experiences that help me grow. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has given me so much hope in my life and it is an incredible blessing to be able to share it with others. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is the Son of the living God, and we can look to Him for anything in our life. He knows us intimately and wants us to be happy. I have felt His love countless times and I know more than ever before that He is my Savior.

Elder Hill

 Saying goodbye to Elder Argyle (old companion) 
with Elder Jackson & Sister Clemence 
 Saying goodbye to Elder Craft (old companion)
Elders Peterson & Devries (current companion)

No comments:

Post a Comment