Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Busy, crazy, stressful ... awesome!!!

Hey Everyone! 

This week was probably the craziest, busiest, most stressful, most awesome week of my entire mission! 

So first off we had a baptism!! My good buddy, Logan Martin was baptized on Saturday and it was such an amazing experience. He has completely changed his life around in every way and he says he wants to be a missionary as soon as possible! He asked me if I wanted to baptize him and of course I said yes, absolutely! It was such a humbling experience to be a part of his baptism. After the baptismal ordinance, Logan and I were walking out of the font and he could not stop smiling. I think the happiness that we were both feeling was overwhelming. I was filled with a feeling that I can't really describe. It's hard to put into words but it was the best, most joyful feeling ever. I can't even imagine how Logan was feeling! And it's amazing to think that the feeling that we both had is only a tiny fraction of the happiness that we can feel in eternity. I caught only a small glimpse of the love that God has for all His children. D&C 18:15 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" 
So some other crazy things that happened this week - we now have Facebook and Facebook messenger on our iPads! We are 1 of 15 missions in the world that are piloting the new online proselyting for iPads. On Wednesday, we went to MLC (missionary leadership conference) and received the new training from the missionary department on how to use it. The next day Elder Craft and I had to train our Zone on how to use it and WE had no idea how to use it, but it went pretty well! It's super weird having Facebook on our iPads, but it's really cool cause we are able to teach and talk to a lot more people using group chats and video call-ins. We had a couple video lessons this week and a couple Groupchat lessons! It was sweet! We will see how it goes the rest of the transfer! 

So this week we started teaching this guy named Everett! We found him looking for someone else and he saw us and told us he wanted to take the lessons! He has mild autism so he is pretty norma,l but then he will get really child-like but we have the best lessons with him. We were teaching him how to pray and he couldn't remember and so we kept practicing and he finally said all the words right with the beginning and the end of the prayer and he got so excited! And so we kept going on with our lesson and then when I was in mid-sentence he quickly bowed his head and folded his arms and starts, "dear Heavenly Father..." And he said a prayer and looks up and says, "I did it again!" He kept doing the random prayers throughout the entire lesson. It was great!

Elder Craft is a super good missionary and we have been doing well. I'm excited for this transfer!! Thanks for all the support! 

Love you all!! 

Elder Hill
Hanging with missionary friends - Sister Ball, Sister Hulet, Elder Itufia, Tyler, Elder Hintz, Sister Downing
Sweet, matching ties!!

1 comment: