Thursday, October 6, 2016

Barbara's baptism!!!

Hello! 
 
So this past week was so crazy and exhausting.

Monday night we had a bonfire with the Ward at the bishops house which was really fun. I love the YSA Ward so much, the people here are awesome.

On Tuesday, we were going to visit a less-active guy and we knocked on his door and his roommates answered. They let us in and they asked us if we wanted to hold their pet snake. I was like yeah sure why not so I held their bell python snake and it bit me!!!....... Okay just kidding it didn't bite me, but it was really cool since that was my first time holding a snake haha.
Thursday, we had our Zone meeting and interviews with President Ballard. Since being a Zone Leader, I have been able to get to know President and work with him a lot more, and he is the best. He has helped me a lot and given me so much advice.. For Zone meeting Elder Craft and I had to prepare the whole meeting and the training. So the whole week on our downtime we were trying to get it all put together and what not. It was so stressful, but it went really well! 
 Selfie with Sister Ballard!
Missionaries with President Ballard?

Thursday evening we took Jordan Pregil, a recent convert, out with us to a couple of lessons but they both fell through. We didn't really have a back up plan so I pulled out my areabook on my iPad and I had a list of names of former investigators or people that were taught by missionaries in the past five years that we could go see. I was like, "Jordan, I'm gonna scroll through this list and when you feel prompted by the Spirit to stop on a person you say stop." So we did that and he stopped on a guy named Michael. So we go knock on Michael's door and he answers! (It's pretty rare that former investigators are ever home). We start talking to him and eventually his sister and girlfriend come to the door as well, and they are all interested in learning more and being taught! It was crazy cause that never happens! It was a cool miracle!

Friday was Barbara's baptism!! It was awesome! It was all the way out in Mt. Hood so it was an hour drive and we hit traffic so we were late, but they couldn't start the baptism until we got there since I was the one baptizing her haha! When we got there, Barbara had the biggest smile on her face. It was so great to see her after four months. I could tell she had changed so much and she was so happy! Right before the ordinance of the baptism, there was a musical number of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," the Spirit was so strong it was amazing.  I was just thinking about how Barbara was introduced to the gospel and the changes she made in her life and how much of a miracle it all was.  Baptizing her was awesome. Just like at Logan's baptism I once again felt that overwhelming feeling of God's love for His children and how He knows each of us individually and by name, and how proud He was of Barbara. It was such an incredible experience, and it has definitely changed my life!
 Tyler & the Sisters who taught Barbara at Barbara's baptism!

I hope you all enjoyed General Conference! It's like a rock concert for missionaries haha. I really enjoyed Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Ballard's talks. And I love the quote, "Be Ambitious for Christ!" I think that is something we can all do!

Love and miss you guys! Have a good week!

Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment