Monday, June 26, 2017

Elder Hill signing off ...

Well this is it.

Two years gone just like that. Hard to believe. I am so incredibly grateful for every single day of my mission. I have loved every second of it. I can't begin to describe the gratitude and love I feel towards Heavenly Father and the Savior for allowing me to come serve a mission, and more importantly for carrying me through all of it. I have had some of the most amazing experiences, seen undeniable miracles, and have met some tremendous people. Serving as a representative of Jesus Christ in Portland, Oregon has changed my life. 

I know that the Savior lives. I know that He loves me. I have felt His presence and He has been there for me every step of the way. In front of the Preach My Gospel manual there is a message from the First Presidency, and the last paragraph in there says, "The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children." And I can testify to the truth of that.  The joy I have felt here is indescribable. There is no greater feeling than being a part of someone's conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Watching people completely change their lives around to follow the Savior, and then seeing the hope and happiness that comes into that persons life because of that is the greatest blessing ever. 

I am thankful for all of the wonderful experiences and success I have seen, but I am also thankful for all the trials, challenges, and failures. They have helped me learn. They have helped me grow. And I am forever grateful to the Lord Jesus Christ and His atonement for allowing me to be here and experience those things. 

I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout these two years. It has meant a lot to me. And thanks especially to my parents and family for all their love and support through all of this. I love you guys.

I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, He is our Savior. I know that He is the only way to find lasting joy in this life and in the eternities. He knows every single one of us. He wants us to be happy, we just need to rely on Him. Trust the Savior. I bear my witness that I know if we put Jesus Christ first in our lives then we will be happy no matter what life may throw at us. I know these things to be true with all my heart.

D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought: doubt not, fear not." 

Well that's it! 

Elder Hill signing off.... See you on the other side! 

2 comments: