Monday, December 28, 2015

Transfer Calls & Christmas!

Hi everyone!

So after serving six months in the Moreland Ward, I am finally getting transferred to the Canby 2nd Ward! (Canby is about 40 miles south of Portland) I am going to be serving with Elder Prestgard, who came out the same time I did. I didn't know him in the MTC, but we've played basketball a couple of times together and he is a cool guy so I'm excited to serve with him. I will also be the District Leader over there AND we get a car!!! Hallelujah!! I'm super excited to be able to go meet and teach new people!!

At church on Sunday, Bishop was conducting in sacrament meeting and somehow he knew I was getting transferred so he called me up and asked me to bear my testimony. It was kinda scary, but it was nice to thank everyone for their love and support and to bear my testimony to them one last time. It has been awesome serving here in the Moreland Ward and I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had and the people I have met. Couldn't have had a better first six months on my mission!

So before I talk about Christmas, I have to talk about how on Wednesday I ran into Spencer and Cam (two of my best friends from college)!! We got some lunch and they had time to kill so we took them to go see our investigator, Gilbert. We had a great discussion with him and Gilbert loved them. Gilbert will be getting baptized very soon. He says, he is "waiting for God to tell him when". It was cool being able to see them and show them the area. Shoutout to both of them!!

Christmas Eve we went over to the McDonald's and they had a ton of family over and did a white elephant gift exchange that we participated in. I ended up with a beanie and Elder Giles ended up with some suppositories hahahaha. 

Christmas morning we were able to Skype home!! It was great, but weird seeing everyone. It was also bittersweet, cause now I can't Skype home until Mother's Day. But it was awesome nonetheless. The rest of the morning the entire Zone went to breakfast at a member's house so that was fun. Then Elder Giles and I had dinner and played games at the Kohler Family's house. It was a different Christmas, but I enjoyed it. Thank you to everyone who sent cards, letters, emails, and packages!! I appreciate it so much! Thank you!!

Saturday and Sunday were spent having last minute lessons and saying goodbye to everyone. Lots of pictures! 

Jack, nicest homeless guy ever ...

Bro. Stokes, the Ward Mission Leader ...  he says he's smiling in this picture :)

 Gilbert at his record store ...

The McDonalds ...

The Tupou Family gave Tyler a lei at his goodbye ceremony ...

Tyler will miss his monthly trip to Costco for hot dogs with Bro. Christiansen! 

Tyler posing with his friend, Joseph Yeates for one last picture ... 

Tyler, Cam & Spencer at Gilbert's record store ...


Have a great week!

Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment